Dr. Adebowale AYOBADE
Dr Adebowale Ayobade is the current Sub-Dean of the Faculty of Social Sciences and Coordinator of the B.Sc Part-Time programme of the Department of Social Work, University of Lagos under the Institute of Continuous Education (ICE). She joined the University of Lagos in 2006 as an Assistant Lecturer and progressed to the rank of a Senior Lecturer in 2018. Her educational qualifications include:
- She was honoured with academic award and research excellence at the 2018 Fellowship Award by Lagos Studies Association (LSA) grant from the British Academy facilitated by Dr Carli Coetzee through African Studies Association of the United Kingdom.
- She is also the Principal Investigator and a recipient of research grant funded by the University of Lagos, Akoka, Lagos to study “Socio-Economic Factors Influencing the Coping Mechanisms of Street Traders in Lagos State” which is still ongoing. She has participated in several Conferences and Workshops at local and international levels.
- She currently consults in the area of Social Welfare related matters.
- A Research Fellow and member of the China-Africa Research Network (CAReNET) Award of the Institute of Nigeria- China Development Studies (INCDS-UNILAG), University of Lagos, Akoka, Lagos, 14th October, 2020 till date.
- A recipient of the Best Paper Award: Track 1 (Informal and Social Entrepreneurship Session) with 200-pound sterling cash gift at The 1st ARUA Centre of Excellence for Unemployment and skill Development – International Conference, 2020 (ARUA, CoE-USD 2020) on The Deepening Youth Unemployment Crisis in Africa Occasioned by Covid-19: What Options Available for the Rescue (Blended International Conference – Physical and Virtual). 2nd -4th December, 2020. Sponsored by ARUA, UNILAG, ARUA-CoE and GCRF UK Research and Innovation.
Dr. Ayobade has numerous research studies, over 30 publications, grants and awards for academic and research excellence. She has served in various capacities and contributed to the growth of Sociology and Social Work Profession in Nigeria:
- Coordinator: B.Sc. Social Work Part-time Programme with institute of Continuous Education (ICE). 2018- till date
- Member of many professional associations.
- MSSW-Social Work
- Sc Sociology
- Sc. Sociology (Second Class Upper Div.)
- Diploma in Social Development and Administration (Best Student)
- Diploma in Business and Industrial Law(Diploma) (Best Graduating Student). Business and Industrial Law (Best Student).
- Entrepreneurship in Emerging Economies Verified Certificate
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation Education Certification.
- Certificate course in Entrepreneurship Education.
- Certificate course in Entrepreneurship Management