Dr Ayodele Elizabeth Omotayo
ORCID Identifier 0000-0003-1271-517X
SCOPUS ID : https://www.scopus.com/authid/detail.uri?
Google Scholar ID : https://scholar.google.com/citations?
Dr. Ayodele Elizabeth Omotayo is an Environmental Microbiologist and an Associate Professor in the Department of Microbiology, University of Lagos. She is the current Deputy Director, Quality Assurance and SERVICOM. Her research interest focuses on the biodegradation and bioremediation of natural and xenobiotic compounds in polluted environment; microbial diversity and community structures and functions in pristine and polluted environments. Also, the microbial ecology of pests and biocontrol agents. She is a recipient of several awards, scholarships and grants. She is a Fellow of Institute of Security Nigeria (FISN); a registered member of vibrant professional bodies including the Institute of Public Analysts of Nigeria (MIPAN), Nigerian Society for Microbiology (NSM) and Society for Applied Microbiology (SFAM). She has attended several local and international conferences; programs and her research works have been published both locally and internationally.
- a) Secondary and Post- West African Examination Council, Senior School Certificate from Secondary Education: Command Day Secondary School Ikeja, Military Cantonment, Ikeja, Lagos, 1991.
- b) Undergraduate: Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) Microbiology, Second Class (Hons.) (Upper Division), University of Ilorin, Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria,
March 26, 1997.
- c) Postgraduate: Master of Science (M.Sc.) Microbiology
University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria February 22, 2002.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Microbiology,
University of Lagos, Akoka-Yaba, Lagos, Nigeria (November 7, 2008); January
- d) Professional: Member, Institute of Public Analysts of Nigeria (MIPAN), November 21, 2013.
- Diploma in Computer Science National Computer College, Cement, Lagos (August 1, 1998 to January 30, 1999)
- Certificate in International Jerusalem Post-graduate Mashav Scholarship, Hebrew University of course on “Adapting to Climate Change: (May 2 - June 30, 2011)
Biotechnology in Agriculture a World of
Global Environmental Changes”
iii. Advanced Diploma in Strategic University of Lagos, UNILAG Consult in and Security Infrastructure Protection collaboration with Institute of Security Nigeria (ISN) (Distinction; 2019/2020 Academic Session; February 4, 2021)